The Tioga Airport Authority (TAA) consists of five volunteers with diverse backgrounds who are approved of and appointed by the Tioga City Council. The purpose of the TAA is to improve, operate, maintain and grow aviation through the Tioga Municipal Airport.
A Vision Statement communicates to board members, employees, guests, tenants and the community both the purpose and values of the Tioga Airport. For employees/board members, it gives direction about how they are expected to behave and inspires them to give their best. For the community, it shapes a community understanding of why they should work with the TAA.
A Mission Statement defines the TAA’s purpose and primary objectives. Its prime function is internal to define the key measure or measures of the organization’s success and its prime audience is the leadership team and stakeholders.
A Values Statement contains the guiding beliefs about how things should be done.
Tioga Municipal Airport was refurbished into a new general aviation terminal in the fall of 2019. Years of arduous work culminated in creating the new terminal. The rise of the energy industry has contributed significantly to the increase in aircraft operations at the airport over the past ten years.
- Always maintain the highest level of safety.
- Continuously be reminded of the importance of community safety and strive to ensure the safety and security of every community member at any time of day or night.
- Value the natural beauty of our open space and we will strive to protect it.
- Aspire to build a better aerodrome business climate by promoting investment and opportunities consistent with the community.
- ∙ Encourage aerodrome businesses to respect the community’s neighboring residential and natural environment.
- ∙ Encourage positive community involvement.
- ∙ Aspire to create a good working environment within the community.
- ∙ Desire to portray a sense of community pride in our airport to outsiders.
- ∙ Provide professional and courteous service at all times.
- ∙ Be accountable for our actions.
- ∙ Ensure integrity, honesty, and fairness will never be compromised.
- ∙ Hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards.
- ∙ Maintain discipline through careful observance of policies and procedures.
- ∙ Strive for excellence in everything we do.
- ∙ Strive to be a role model.
- Fair and considerate in the treatment of fellow employees, board members, guests, and tenants, addressing concerns and needs with equity, granting no special favors.